In the UK (and across the globe) we are seeing through government lies that cuts to our services, pay, benefits, and pensions are necessary (you know, to help out the bankers & capitalists so they don’t have to take a see a drop in their living standards). We’re also organising; Wednesday is set to be the largest strike in ‘a generation’. The strike will be strengthened and supported by a host of other actions that everyone can be a part of, and should be a part of, because the outcome of the battle against the government will affect all of us.
Heres our rundown of what you can get up to on the day:
- Strike If you’re in a workplace where your coworkers are unionised and striking, even if you’re not in the union you can still strike(see last paragraph). You’ll have the same protections against being penalised as unionsed workers. Don’t cross those picket lines!
- Picket Talking of picket lines, make sure you’re on one! Extra support on picketlines is always warmly received, and class solidarity is one of our most important tools when fighting against the state. Pickets will be outside most government, council and educational buildings from around 7.30am.
- March Starting at 11am on college green a mass demonstration will march through Bristol to castle park, it looks set to be the biggest since the start of the Iraq war and one of the most lively and enthusiastic ones we’ve had in a long time.
- Uncut! A group calling itself ‘Santa Uncut’ has promised to deliver coal to all the ‘naughty’ corporations in the centre of Birstol and has invited everyone who wants to do more than just march to keep their eyes peeled and get invovled.
- Occupy Your University/College to show support for striking lecturers and demonstrate their opposition to the cuts universities accross the country have been going into occupation. If yours is get down there and support it, if not get down there and occupy it! The UWE occupation is now under way at St Matts campus.
- Occupy Bristol After their recent bank occupations there are rumours that occupy Bristol will be get involved and up the ante on the 30th.
- Have a Break With the early start and hectic day, you may want to take up Hydra Books on their offer of a complimentary cup of coffee for every striker (scabs not welcome).
If none of the above has inspired you yet, then take a look at this on youtube (contains lots of swearing), and remember even if you’re stuck at home messages of support are welcomed!